FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Unlocking files cause Server Error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34482] Sun, 05 November 2006 03:35 Go to next message
andre75 is currently offline  andre75   United States
I have just installed FUDF and everything looked good. I went ahead trying to install a Newsgroup.
In order to do so, I unlocked the files (through the admin panel). After I clicked somewhere else, I got a 500 internal server error.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@******.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Andre
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34483 is a reply to message #34482] Sun, 05 November 2006 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess its a security configuration of my webhost.
Seing that unlocking files sets all directories and files to be writeable for everyone, it makes sense.
So I am wondering what files exactly need to be unlocked to get this newsgroup feature going.
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34496 is a reply to message #34483] Sun, 05 November 2006 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to make sure that all files inside the messages/ directory can be written by user script runs on a command line and make sure that all files inside the include/ directory (and all of its sub-directories) are readable by that same user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34722 is a reply to message #34496] Thu, 16 November 2006 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply.
I tried to run the nntp.php script but I am getting this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /dataroot/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /dataroot/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /dataroot/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17
(/dataroot/include/theme/default/db.inc:17<br />
/dataroot/include/core.inc:69<br />
/dataroot/scripts/nntp.php:41<br />
) : <br />
Query: Initiating mysql_connect<br />
Server Version: Unknown<br />

Any idea?
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34726 is a reply to message #34722] Thu, 16 November 2006 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The error is that PHP is failing to connect to mysql via the specified unix domain socket. You can try changing the mysql host to "localhost" or find out where the actual mysql unixdomain socket is located at.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34732 is a reply to message #34726] Thu, 16 November 2006 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.
Actually it was set to localhost already and the forum itself seems to work without a hitch. I installed it in a subdomain instead of a subfolder, but I dont think thats the issue.
What else can I try?
Could it be that the script doesn't use the same db settings as the forum?
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34733 is a reply to message #34726] Thu, 16 November 2006 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duplicate

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2006 16:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34754 is a reply to message #34732] Fri, 17 November 2006 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It uses the exact same settings as it fetches them from GLOBALS.php as does the main forum. The value of localhost is generally translated by PHP into the unix domain socket, perhaps the default socket value set for CLI is invalid. You can try specifying 127.0.0.1 as a host...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Unlocking files cause Server Error [message #34763 is a reply to message #34754] Fri, 17 November 2006 04:01 Go to previous message
EDIT:

127.0.0.1 finally works. Thanks again. localhost somehow didn't work.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 November 2006 04:29]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: obtaining MySQL version: mysql_row_arr error
Next Topic: Files upgraded...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:02:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02940 seconds