FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #35485] Tue, 16 January 2007 00:49 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
After a few months of quiet a new release is in the works. The release incorporates a large a number of changes in terms of new features as well as bug fixes.

Bug Fixes:

1. Javascript fixes for Opera browser
  2. PostgreSQL query failure fix.
  3. Prevent attachment duplication
  4. Adjust error for login failures
  5. Properly log deleted user accounts
  6. Fixed query failure in rating tracker for moderators
  7. If temporary tables and persistent connections are used don't forget to clear out the temp table after (By hackie)
  8. Fixed parsing of certain [quote] tag combinations
  9. Fixed quote limits for in-db message storage
  10. Fixed a bug that caused Mozilla based browsers to lose focus in the message editor.
  11. Added missing support for sub-categories in a number of admin control panels.
  12. Hide Admin/Mod links for basic account moderators
  13. HTML validity fixes for admin control panels.

New Features:

1. Display flags on member listing and allow sorting by them.
  2. Don't limit password length on registration page to 16 chars
  3. Added an option allowing the admin to disable e-mail notification
  4. Allow setting of message creation time via FUDAPI
  5. Make flag update on login optional
  6. Added RSS headers to pages that can be represented in RSS form.
  7. Improved ESTMP handler
  8. Implemented open search
  9. Allow for more text for reports about messages.
  10. Added separate limiter for private message folder sizes for moderators and admins
  11. Added FireFox 2 spell check support for various text boxes
  12. Updated Dutch, Spanish translations and added UTF8 Russian translation
  13. Make user manager show group memberships
  14. Added support for topic descriptions.
  15. Added an option to dump all private messages in inbox/saved/sent folders
  16. Keep track of user's last used Ip address.
  17. Added functionality that allows movement of messages from one thread to another.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #35492 is a reply to message #35485] Tue, 16 January 2007 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaman is currently offline  Shaman   Canada

Very nice! I have one feature that just hit me yesterday that I would like to see, if you are taking any suggestions. I just set up a new forum (http://www.wispforums.com for wireless network operators) and what I would like to do is stop messages in some forums from showing up in the "messages today" etc. searches at the top of the forums, so that people can concentrate on local messages only.

This would be a useful option for *any* subforum, I feel. There must be a number of people who would like to see this functionality.

Thanks for the great software.

Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #35495 is a reply to message #35485] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hatem is currently offline  hatem   Saudi Arabia
This is great wrk Ilia thanks ! I'm just wondering if is it possible to update without broking themes ? I didn't update since long time, because I have personalized theme and updating will replace it by the default one.
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #35500 is a reply to message #35495] Wed, 17 January 2007 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When the forum replaces theme files it makes a backup of the original, so you can port your changes to the new template files. For future proofing your changes I recommend doing a diff on the change set and then applying the patch after the upgrade.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #35541 is a reply to message #35492] Sat, 20 January 2007 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Shaman wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 08:54

Very nice! I have one feature that just hit me yesterday that I would like to see, if you are taking any suggestions. I just set up a new forum (http://www.wispforums.com for wireless network operators) and what I would like to do is stop messages in some forums from showing up in the "messages today" etc. searches at the top of the forums, so that people can concentrate on local messages only.

This would be a useful option for *any* subforum, I feel. There must be a number of people who would like to see this functionality.

Thanks for the great software.

I have added something like this to my fork of FUDforum, but it is not in production yet. Pretty easy:

Add a field to your forum table called something like "include_in_msglst" (I used INT, NOT NULL, default = 1). Edit your database to change the value of that field to 0 for the forums you don't want to appear.

Then add the check for it to your message list queries.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 January 2007 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #36076 is a reply to message #35485] Fri, 02 March 2007 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggi786 is currently offline  biggi786   United Kingdom
Hey i like your advive i managed to get in.

mabhatti
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #36936 is a reply to message #35485] Thu, 19 April 2007 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aban is currently offline  aban   China
yes congrats, keep walking,
great product, Smile
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #37965 is a reply to message #35485] Mon, 09 July 2007 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Romania
Spell check support from Firefox 2 is really great and I am glad it is among the new features. Also moving messages from one thread to another is very important.

Keep up the good work guys.
Re: FUDforum 2.7.7RC1 Released [message #39187 is a reply to message #35485] Mon, 08 October 2007 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tekn1qu3z is currently offline  tekn1qu3z   United States
Thanks for the update man! Laughing
Best out of many [message #48777 is a reply to message #35485] Thu, 03 July 2008 05:18 Go to previous message
achen is currently offline  achen
I spent 2 days first finding and reading up on all available forum software, then installing phpBB, Invision and FUDforum and testing them out. I found FUDforum to the best because it looks good, has many features built in, it installs easily and upgrades easily. I highly recomend it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.7.3RC1 Released
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.8.0RC2 Released
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:35:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02402 seconds