FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Fudforum upgrade from 2,7.3 to 2.7.6 (Server error! Error 500)
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Fudforum upgrade from 2,7.3 to 2.7.6 [message #35644] Sat, 27 January 2007 16:05 Go to next message
aaronw is currently offline  aaronw   United States
Messages: 2
Registered: January 2007
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I attempted to install 2.7.6 from version 2.7.3rc1.

The upgrade failed after it found that
/forum/thm/default/images/tableHeaderbg.png
was not writeable.

After re-opening upgrade.php, it gives a:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

(And of course the forum gives the same error)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Now that the board is totally down. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 January 2007 16:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fudforum upgrade from 2,7.3 to 2.7.6 [message #35648 is a reply to message #35644] Sun, 28 January 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Messages: 13241
Registered: January 2002
Karma: 0
Senior Member
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
You may need to chmod all files 644 to fix the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Fudforum upgrade from 2,7.3 to 2.7.6 [message #35653 is a reply to message #35648] Sun, 28 January 2007 20:27 Go to previous message
aaronw is currently offline  aaronw   United States
Messages: 2
Registered: January 2007
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Thanks. I didn't bother with checking the rest of the files. You were probably right though. I removed the whole directory and then reinstalled with a fresh install of the latest (2.7.6). I then took the old data from the tables of a mysqldump and imported the data (with a few minor tables changes). I had to transfer the msg_* files as well so the messages would show up. I still have some messages without attachments, but other than that, things are almost back to normal. I still have to make my template changes, but I like the new features of this version. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Installation CGI Error
Next Topic: maillist.php creating empty posts
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 18 20:30:57 EDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00696 seconds