FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work (Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work [message #35776] Thu, 08 February 2007 15:08 Go to next message
ketchup   France
Hi,

I've just installed FudForum which seems very fine for us. So i have a big trouble with the mailing list integration.

1) When i create a post one email is sent to mailing list (OK, fine!!!)
2) When a user replies using his personal mailer software, we don't receive any email, so we have no post integrated in FudForum.

We use hmailserver as email server, where the mailing list is.
We have no email account for the mailing list. (because, if we create one, no email sent by fudforum is received by any user)

So we don't understand how FudForum can receive an email if no email account receives the replies from users.

So, how can we do ?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Ketchup
Re: Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work [message #35784 is a reply to message #35776] Fri, 09 February 2007 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The fudforum does not receive e-mails from the user directly, those e-mails need to be fed to it via maillist.php script trigged by procmail or equivalent. This script then imports messages into the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work [message #35793 is a reply to message #35776] Fri, 09 February 2007 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ketchup   France
Hi,

Thank you for the answer, but as I am beginner for using FudForum, and explanations in help is no so clear for me, is it possible to give me each steps that i need to follow in order to have a successfull installation.

I am using SUSE 10 CE as operating system and lampp application for MySQL,PHP,Apache...

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Ketchup
Re: Forum Mailing List integration doesn't work [message #35837 is a reply to message #35793] Wed, 14 February 2007 23:32 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to sign up an account to the mailing list and have the e-mail arrive at the server where the FUDforum is located. Then you need to setup procmail or equivalent to parse incoming e-mails and redirect relevant e-mails to fudforum's maillist.php script.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Hide front page and rest from non registered users
Next Topic: No files can release to the forum folder
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 22:19:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.01916 seconds