FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » cant install because GLOBALS.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
cant install because GLOBALS.php [message #35974] Mon, 26 February 2007 08:17 Go to next message
hexxer is currently offline  hexxer   Germany
Hi,

just a small question.
Why do you let the install chmod the directorys to 711? I have only shared webspace and this cant make some links. OK, than i take a little GLOBALS.php with an include to ./includes and the bord worked.....but a cant do this in /admin because there is only 711 userrights and i cant put a GLOBALS.php into this.

There are no way to work in the directory, why?
[Sun Feb 25 16:57:22 2007] [error] [client 84.176.166.95] PHP Fatal error:  require() [[a href='function.require']function.require[/a]]: Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/php5') in /is/htdocs/wp1002076_TKBS1JCP1Z/www/fudforum/adm/admglobal.php on line 12
Re: cant install because GLOBALS.php [message #35987 is a reply to message #35974] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Chmod are secure file permissions designed to prevent other other users from reading forum files via PHP.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: cant install because GLOBALS.php [message #35997 is a reply to message #35974] Tue, 27 February 2007 06:19 Go to previous message
hexxer is currently offline  hexxer   Germany
Hi,

thats OK, but you prevent the admin to check/change or something else his files - on shared webspace you have no chance to set an chmod via ssh or root. That mean if change view to /admin you se -> nothing ! you cant put anything in this folder and so on.

Fudforum is the only one that i known that make this changes. VB/phpbb, smf, Burningbord dont need this changes. I think i have to serach there for a mod with treeview - i like that and i need that.

Regards
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Same old problem but this time...
Next Topic: Can not import NNTP messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:54:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01734 seconds