FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » delete all selected - permission issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
delete all selected - permission issue [message #36303] Thu, 15 March 2007 15:29 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
It would seem that the "delete all select" button is not bound to the "delete" bit, but deleting individual topics works just fine. Is this a bug?
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36349 is a reply to message #36303] Sun, 18 March 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like a bug, can you try the following patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11753

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36430 is a reply to message #36349] Fri, 23 March 2007 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The patch works. A related issue is that when I remove "move" permission, the "lock" link goes away as well as the check boxes. I should also note that I have the most recent stable version. mmd.php.t is 1.9 for me, not 1.10.

[Edit: patch indeed works]

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2007 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36432 is a reply to message #36430] Fri, 23 March 2007 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Also note, when I have delete and move enabled but not lock, it shows the lock link anyway and the checkboxes are present once again. When I have Move and Lock, the Lock link and the checkboxes are missing.

Move + Delete + Lock = all is well
Delete + Lock = missing Lock link and check boxes
Delete + Move = Lock link is present
Move + Lock = missing Lock link and check boxes

Happy to test any patch you release for this and/or provide more details if needed.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2007 03:22]

Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36732 is a reply to message #36432] Tue, 03 April 2007 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Further testing:

Lock by itself = no Lock links and no check boxes no buttons
Delete by itself = Delete links but no check boxes no buttons
Move by itself = Move links but no check boxes no buttons

and as before, reconfirmed:

None = Nothing
All Three = All three links and check boxes and both "... all" buttons
Delete + Move = All three links (including Lock) and check boxes and both buttons
Delete + Lock = Delete link but neither check boxes nor buttons
Move + Lock = Move link but neither check boxes nor buttons
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36738 is a reply to message #36732] Wed, 04 April 2007 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ha? Can you elaborate on what this test supposed to mean?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36807 is a reply to message #36738] Wed, 11 April 2007 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
=D It means there is something screwy with the permissions as far as the checkboxes are concerned. If I give a user delete access only, they don't get the nifty checkboxes and the button at the bottom. If I want to give a user delete and move, they also get lock. If I want to give user only lock, they don't get the lock links.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 April 2007 04:35]

Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36814 is a reply to message #36807] Wed, 11 April 2007 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Checkboxes always show up, however actions are limited by group permissions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36816 is a reply to message #36814] Thu, 12 April 2007 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Links also show up when they don't have permission?
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36829 is a reply to message #36816] Thu, 12 April 2007 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
In this case, yes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: delete all selected - permission issue [message #36892 is a reply to message #36829] Sun, 15 April 2007 23:47 Go to previous message
Marticus   United States
This can be confusing for the people with a subset of moderator permissions. I don't think links should be available if they don't have the permission to use them. I think links -should- be available if they -do- have permission to use them. As it is now, I pretty much need to give all three permissions in order for them to have access to the one they need.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum
Next Topic: PHP Notice in Group(s) Manager
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 14:29:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03019 seconds