FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36415] Wed, 21 March 2007 23:44 Go to next message
songbee is currently offline  songbee   United States
In the forum editing screen, every time I set "Notify moderator(s) of all new messages" to YES, and go back to the same screen, the setting will change back to NO. Is this a bug? Please help. Thanks.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36424 is a reply to message #36415] Thu, 22 March 2007 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Is the GLOBALS.php inside the adm/ directory a symlink?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36427 is a reply to message #36424] Thu, 22 March 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, it is a symlink. So is it supposed to be a actual globals.php file there? if so, where can I copy it from?

I've found /include/globals.php and looks like i could modify it directly instead of using admin panel. However, it seems like one can get notified only if the forum is moderated? This is explained in /include/GLOBALS_HELP:

{{{MODERATED_POST_NOTIFY FUD_OPT_2 262144
Notify forum moderators via e-mail when a new message is posted in a forum where a message must first be approved by the moderator before shown to the rest of the visitors.}}}

so it's not an option to get notified if the forum is not moderated? Just like one cannot get notified if new account registration is not moderated?

thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2007 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36479 is a reply to message #36427] Sun, 25 March 2007 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It should be a symlink. Is the one inside the forum web root a symlink as well?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36503 is a reply to message #36479] Mon, 26 March 2007 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it's also a symlink.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36509 is a reply to message #36503] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Is the file inside the include directory writable by the web server user?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36516 is a reply to message #36509] Tue, 27 March 2007 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would assume it's writable since I was able to modify it directly using my same account. Also I am able to use the admin control panel to save other settings. It's only this particular setting (Notify moderator(s) of all new messages) which I am not able to set.

Maybe you could tell me which specific setting I should look for in GLOBALS.PHP? so I could verify if it is set correctly? Thanks.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36544 is a reply to message #36516] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The option is 262144 bit of the $FUD_OPT_2 bitmask.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36552 is a reply to message #36544] Fri, 30 March 2007 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

{{{MODERATED_POST_NOTIFY FUD_OPT_2 262144
Notify forum moderators via e-mail when a new message is posted in a forum where a message must first be approved by the moderator before shown to the rest of the visitors.}}}

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like this option is for moderated forum only.

thanks anyway.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #36715 is a reply to message #36552] Sun, 01 April 2007 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That's correct and that's the only time when a moderator will be notified in regard to any message posted in a forum they are moderating.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #37884 is a reply to message #36715] Fri, 29 June 2007 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kowitsch is currently offline  kowitsch   Germany
Is there a way to notify the moderators of the forum by e-mail, even if the forum setting allows direct posting without prior confirmation?

It sounds to me as if Songbee was looking also for such an option.

I have the problem of motivating my dear moderators to check their sections regularly - otherwise the posted messages (technical questions) may stay unnoticed too long.

I would really appreciate a function, which notifys a moderator, whenever in his/her section something new has been posted. On the other hand I don't want to mistrust people posting questions, by having to wait for message approval.

Thank you very much.

P.S. We are still using 2.3.6, because installation wasn't easy on our hosting server, because of script running-time limitations.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #37907 is a reply to message #37884] Mon, 02 July 2007 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
There is an option for moderated forums whereby FUDforum would notify the mods of any new messages and topics. If you remove the "is the forum moderated" check from this code bit and enable this option in the admin panel you'll get the functionality that you desire.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #37943 is a reply to message #36415] Sat, 07 July 2007 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kowitsch is currently offline  kowitsch   Germany
Dear Ilia,

Unfortunately I'm no pro to understand, what I need to do. I understand some php basics and am willing to learn more, but the fudforum is complex for my level.

Is it correct, that you mean I should alter the .php files which contain a "moderated"-checking in the SQL term like?
fud23msg.approved='N' AND fud23forum.moderated='Y'

or is it in the .php files which contain
if ( $autoapprove && $frm->moderated != 'N' ) $this->approve(NULL, TRUE);
?

or is it just a tweak in one file?

Thank you very much.
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #37952 is a reply to message #37943] Sun, 08 July 2007 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Not quite. You need to edit imsg_edt.inc.t and find

if ($mtf->forum_opt & 64) {

You need to remove the if block around the code, and make it happen all the time.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #160849 is a reply to message #37952] Mon, 02 November 2009 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
byron is currently offline  byron
There is a bug in adm/admforum.php at line 52. It never saves the parameter frm_mod_notify back into the frm_forum_opt.

The fix is:

$_POST['frm_forum_opt'] = (int) $_POST['frm_mod_notify'] | (int) $_POST['frm_mod_attach'] | (int) $_POST['frm_moderated'] | (int) $_POST['frm_passwd_posting'] | (int) $_POST['frm_tag_style'];

-Byron
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #160850 is a reply to message #160849] Mon, 02 November 2009 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks. Patch was accepted - http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=12068
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #160859 is a reply to message #160850] Tue, 03 November 2009 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
byron is currently offline  byron
And there's another bug in imsg_edt.inc.t around line 491. The SQL is malformed because of a duplication of "INNER JOIN".

$tmp = db_all('SELECT u.email FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}mod \
mm INNER JOIN INNER JOIN {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users u ON u.id=mm.user_id WHERE mm.forum_id='\
.$mtf->forum_id);

should be

$tmp = db_all('SELECT u.email FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}mod \
mm INNER JOIN {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users u ON u.id=mm.user_id WHERE mm.forum_id='\
.$mtf->forum_id);

-Byron
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #160860 is a reply to message #160859] Tue, 03 November 2009 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   
Good catch, Byron, thanks - great to have your input!
Re: Cannot save settings for Notify moderator(s) of all new messages [message #160862 is a reply to message #160860] Tue, 03 November 2009 21:25 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Patch applied - http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum/trunk/install/forum_dat a/src/imsg_edt.inc.t?sortby=date&r1=4835&r2=4853&pathrev=4853
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Warnings in tree view
Next Topic: The pictures are not recognized
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:57:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03003 seconds