FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Migrate, and replace (Migrating to a new server and updating absolute links in messages)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migrate, and replace [message #37441] Thu, 24 May 2007 15:25 Go to next message
sjcomp is currently offline  sjcomp   United States
I am migrating from one server to another: from egw 1.2.105 with fudforum 2.6.0 to egw 1.2.106 with fudforum of the same version. I would like to update all the links in the forums to point to our new server. How can I do that?

Given that I already have egw and fudforum operational on both servers I assume I can export all fud_ tables from sql and import them into the new server sql and that should be enough. Is it correct?

Thanks.

Regards, Alexander.
Re: Migrate, and replace [message #37456 is a reply to message #37441] Fri, 25 May 2007 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
That sounds about right.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migrate, and replace [message #37463 is a reply to message #37456] Fri, 25 May 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sjcomp is currently offline  sjcomp   United States
Now I see how I should import the contents. But I am still not sure how to change the links. It looks like all the messages are stored in a file under messages/msg_1 and there are offset values in the db that show where messages start. Hence I can not run find/replace in that file. My new domain name is twice as long as the old one. Is there a script that would do that while changing the offsets properly?

Thanks.

Regards, Alexander.
Re: Migrate, and replace [message #37481 is a reply to message #37463] Mon, 28 May 2007 22:48 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Fraid not.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.7.3 in eGroupware 1.2?
Next Topic: eGW 1.4 - is it possible?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:38:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02325 seconds