FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37638] Mon, 11 June 2007 15:33 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
My new installation was working fine the other day on a shared host. I disabled the forum, resynched the tables and message files with my forum I am trying to port over from another host. Subsequently I am unable to log into the admin account even though I know the password is correct. I had to reset the string by hand in Globals.php to re-enable the forum. I haven't changed any thing else in the forum software other than that, but trying to bring up the forum crashes with:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /mydatadir/include/core.inc on line 188

I can't log in to my admin account, even though I know I'm entering the correct password.

I get the following message in errors:

) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1<br />
Query: UPDATE fud26_ses SET sys_id='', forum_id=0, time_sec=1181555282, action='Browsing the &lt;a href=\&quot;index.php?t=index\&quot;&gt;forum list&lt;/a&gt;', returnto='t=index&amp;' WHERE id=<br />
_GET: array (
't' =&gt; 'index',
)<br />
Server Version: ...

I thought there was something wrong with MySQL and have had a ticket open at the hosting company, but they seem to think that everything's fine, even though another standard script that had been working for me the other day was failing last night.

I got a test connection program to fail using a test userid and :tmp/mysql.sock, which was how I'd been connecting. They said that the problem was "the database user" and that they had "fixed" it.

When I plug my "real" userid to the test connection program, it returns:

Failed to connect to MySQL.
Access denied for user '(myuserid)'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any idea as to what could be happening? I still think the problem must be something with the server or configuration. PhpMyAdmin doesn't give me a very good look at what's going on.

Also, were there any changes in the _ses table between v2.7.5 and v2.7.7? Would the software care if I flush out its old records?

I've just created a brand new user, gave it full access privileges, changed include/Globals.php to reflect the change, and I still get the same crash, although the user is allowed to connect via my test connection program.

(PS Sorry I could not send you the Globals file from my problem the other day - I had already given up and reinstalled the new version from scratch. It was just the standard file for 2.7.5, which seems to be in the old globals format so maybe that was the problem)

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2007 04:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37642 is a reply to message #37638] Mon, 11 June 2007 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you try to delete all entries inside the fu26_ses table. Then clear your cookies for the forum and try to login again. You should also try logging in directly via the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37643 is a reply to message #37642] Tue, 12 June 2007 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will do; thanks.

I do think there is something weird going on with the admloginuser process though. It is not letting any of the admins log in at the old site either. We either just get the login window back again, or get kicked out to the maintenance message.

I had kept an admin window open at the old place on purpose to avoid that problem, and just as I tried to reenable the forum there, my cookie had expired and I was kicked out anyway without being able to so. It's just been that kind of Monday.
Confused
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37644 is a reply to message #37642] Tue, 12 June 2007 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,
I deleted all the session records, and erased my cookie. Since the fourm is disabled, I tried to get in via admlogin, which returned me to the login form. The end of the url looked like this when I got back: admloginuser.php?&SQ=0

So, I flipped the bit in fud_opt_1 in the Globals file to reenable the forum, and got the "core.inc" line 188 error again when trying to get to the main index. sql error log read as follows:

Quote:

) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Query: UPDATE fud26_ses SET sys_id='', forum_id=0, time_sec=1181613240, action='Browsing the <a href=\"index.php?t=index\">forum list</a>', returnto='t=index&' WHERE id=

_GET: array (
't' => 'index',
)

Server Version:...

Should id have a value, and shouldn't there be a terminating semicolon on that sql statement?
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37651 is a reply to message #37644] Tue, 12 June 2007 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
id should be the id of the current session. It most definitely should not be blank.

What is your SESSION_TIMEOUT and COOKIE_TIMEOUT settings inside GLOBALS.php set to?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37652 is a reply to message #37651] Tue, 12 June 2007 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They read as follors:
	$COOKIE_TIMEOUT 	= 1209600;	/* seconds */
	$SESSION_TIMEOUT 	= 1800;		/* seconds */

URL sessions are disabled; I don't like using them.

In other news, I was able to get admin login to work on the 2.7.5 site. My browser apparently had some weird glitch going on yesterday (firefox on ubuntu). At the 2.7.7 site the login screen still just reappears with the &sq=0 at the end of the url though.

addendum: A cookie was created with my admin login attempt at the 2.7.7 site this morning. It looks normal, contains a session ID, and doesn't expire until June 26th.

I see the difference in the admin urls now - on the successful login at 2.7.5 there is a session ID before the "sq=0" in the URL. So there is some kind of problem getting the session ID out of the cookie? Are there any server security settings you know of that could be affecting this?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2007 19:46]

Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37654 is a reply to message #37638] Wed, 13 June 2007 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally heard back from the hosting company, after more than 6 hours since I reopened the ticket, which they had closed as "resolved".

The email informed me that the server can't block cookie creation (I never suggested it could) and opined that since it's a "database error" that it must be the programmer's fault.
Rolling Eyes

So, this will be not only my first but also my last month of "service" with this hosting company. I've signed up elsewhere.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2007 05:16]

Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37666 is a reply to message #37652] Wed, 13 June 2007 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Check to make sure your cookie for the 2.7.7 domain are working.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37667 is a reply to message #37666] Wed, 13 June 2007 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 13 June 2007 10:36

Check to make sure your cookie for the 2.7.7 domain are working.

I'm not sure understand what you mean. The 2.7.7 domain is creating what looks like a valid cookie.

The bottom line is, the software was working fine prior to their restart of the server. My addition of the synch data to the tables and updating of the message files should have had absolutely no effect on that.
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37669 is a reply to message #37638] Wed, 13 June 2007 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia,
If apache started running under a userid other than the owner of the files (ie nobody), would that cause problems such as I've been experiencing?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2007 22:32]

Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37677 is a reply to message #37669] Thu, 14 June 2007 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
That could definitely cause the problem. The forum files should definitely be owned by the web server user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: MySQL? problems with V2.7.7rc2 [message #37680 is a reply to message #37677] Fri, 15 June 2007 00:49 Go to previous message
Ilia wrote on Thu, 14 June 2007 16:39

That could definitely cause the problem. The forum files should definitely be owned by the web server user.

That was the first thing I asked them about, but instead they chose to waffle at me for three days, insisting that nothing was wrong and I should "talk to the programmer".

Nine hours after my penultimate response on the ticket yesterday, I got a surprised reply from one of their admins, wondering if I had deleted all of my data. (I had -- I've decided to give up the cost saving via shared hosting idea and stick with my dedicated server for now).

My theory on what caused the problem is that they rebuilt the http server but forgot to enable phpsuexec and/or safe mode, since those are not defaults in the WHM apache rebuild process.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: administrator - cannot access control panel
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.6.0 with MySQL 5.0.38 :: Installation Failed
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:07:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02599 seconds