FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » convert punBB anyone?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
convert punBB anyone? [message #37778] Sun, 24 June 2007 11:17 Go to next message
syslin is currently offline  syslin   Israel
Hi all,
Does someone convert punBB to FUDforum?
I'm working on old punBB version 1.0.1 and I have more than 3000 users and more than 13000 messages and I'm really want to move to fudforum.

If it possible please advise me how to do it...

Thanks folks

Miki
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #158509 is a reply to message #37778] Sat, 28 February 2009 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi Miki,

I you are still interested in moving, please let me know so we can help you to write a converter.

Best regards.

Frank
convert punBB anyone? [message #159214 is a reply to message #158509] Wed, 13 May 2009 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
avdl is currently offline  avdl   France
I'd want to move from punbb to fudforum
- does a converter exist, for what version of punbb ?
- what kind of encryption is being used in fudforum, will users have to request for a new password ?
Thanks,
André
icon4.gif  Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159215 is a reply to message #37778] Wed, 13 May 2009 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
i spent a fex hours testing fudforum.
i allready did a few years ago but, i do not remember why, it seemed difficult at that time.
I have one forum with phpbb3 and several with punbb.

My choice is made, i now want to move to fudforum, it seems really the best choice, from the front user point of view as well as for the back office user.

But my forums have users and datas and i can't find a converter from punbb to fudforum, and that's not in my skills to build one Sad

Does it exist, is it coming, is that something to know about it ?

Waiting for yours answers,
Regards,
André

[Updated on: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159216 is a reply to message #159214] Wed, 13 May 2009 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi André,

No, there isn't a converter yet. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to write one. We can help if you can make a data dump of your (or a typical) forum available for testing.

FUDforum uses md5 hashes. I bet punBB does the same.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159228 is a reply to message #159215] Wed, 13 May 2009 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
avdl wrote on Wed, 13 May 2009 09:18
Hello,
i spent a fex hours testing fudforum. i allready did a few years ago but, i do not remember why, it seemed difficult at that time... My choice is made, i now want to move to fudforum, it seems really the best choice, from the front user point of view as well as for the back office user.

Hey Andre - you were right back then, and you're right again now. FUDForum was pretty tough to install and set up when I first tried it last year, but it's had a great deal of attention put into ease-of-use lately; it's become one of the easier forums to set up, configure and use. Good choice - welcome aboard!
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159236 is a reply to message #159216] Thu, 14 May 2009 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Frank,
thanks for your answers.

Think you lost your bet: punbb uses sha1 to encrypt passwords !

Thanks for the proposal about conversion.
Just tell me how i can send you a dump of my punbb database ?
It won't be at once cause i may switch from an host to another at the same time.
Regards,
André

[Updated on: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159239 is a reply to message #159236] Thu, 14 May 2009 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi André,

Quote:
Think you lost your bet: punbb uses sha1 to encrypt passwords!

Damn, so it's 15 to pubBB and 0 to me. However, the set is far from over! We can write a small plugin to convert the passwords to md5 as users try to login in.

Make the dump available as a download somewhere on the Net and mail me the URL (via the form).

Best regards.

Frank
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #159380 is a reply to message #159239] Wed, 27 May 2009 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
André, are you still interested in getting this done?
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #160673 is a reply to message #37778] Mon, 12 October 2009 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DimOK is currently offline  DimOK
I am interested and ready to help.

I think that basic converter which would move forums, topics/posts and users would be enough.

I can send necessary table structure dumps to a person who has a knowledge of fudforum so we could make a converter.

I am usin PunBB 2.17 it, actually, should work with almost any 2.* version of PunBB.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanx.
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #160678 is a reply to message #160673] Mon, 12 October 2009 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Great! I need the table structures with some data so I can test the import process. I'll send you an E-mail later.
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #160821 is a reply to message #160678] Sun, 25 October 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi,

With DimOK's help, we are busy finalizing the punBB to FUDforum converter. If anyone else is interested, please let us know.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: convert punBB anyone? [message #160881 is a reply to message #160821] Thu, 05 November 2009 14:40 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The PunBB converter was committed and can be downloaded from http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum/trunk/converters/PunBB
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Converting from vBulletin
Next Topic: How convert vBulletin to FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:00:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04234 seconds