FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Reset timestamps? (Had wrong servertime after a forum move)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Reset timestamps? [message #38103] Wed, 18 July 2007 23:19 Go to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
After moving the forum, the servertime was way off, and I THINK due to that, all the "mark as read" etc are not working correctly due to incorrect timestamps, so no users can see properly which are new posts or not.

Is there a way to reset that timestamp? (I think that was the thing that causes this problem?)

I ran the consistency checker and the mysql optimizer, but it doesnt seem to work.

I tried searching, but I cant find it.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 July 2007 23:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reset timestamps? [message #38104 is a reply to message #38103] Wed, 18 July 2007 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clock caught up just now, so the problem solved itself, but it would still be nice with an answer if it happens in the future =)

Re: Reset timestamps? [message #38166 is a reply to message #38104] Sun, 22 July 2007 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Time being wrong usually is a problem on the server because the server's time is done. You can fix that but running ntp command and synchronizing server time from some reliable time server.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Reset timestamps? [message #38178 is a reply to message #38103] Mon, 23 July 2007 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I did not explain correctly:
After moving the forum to a new server, the servers internal hardware clock was wrong, so we corrected it by your above suggested method. However, since the forum had been running a little while with the wrong servertime, the forums timestamps for last read / unread got messed up when we corrected the serverstamp. so for one hour, noone could see if they had read posts, nor mark then as read, nor did new posts show up as unread for that period of time.

So, what if the servertime would have been years off, how would I have corrected the issue with the timestamps in the forum then? Where are they stored, in which table, what would be the easiest way?

Re: Reset timestamps? [message #38187 is a reply to message #38178] Mon, 23 July 2007 23:06 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The timestamps for messages are stored inside msg table, in the post_stamp field. You'd need to update the table and then run the consistency checker.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Global configuration rollback
Next Topic: How to add a user that can view only single forum?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:33:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02510 seconds