FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Automatic cleanup isn't working (V2.7.7rc2) (Topic move pointers and unapproved accounts linger until deletion/consistency check)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Automatic cleanup isn't working (V2.7.7rc2) [message #38451] Tue, 07 August 2007 22:37 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Hello,
I have notification pointers for moved topics set to expire after 3 days, and unapproved accounts to be deleted after 7 days. But, they both just hang around indefinitely.

I'm not sure about the account because I deleted it by hand, but the move notifications do get cleaned up, if I do a consistency check.

Is there some server process that needs to be active for these items to clean themselves up without admin intervention?
Re: Automatic cleanup isn't working (V2.7.7rc2) [message #38452 is a reply to message #38451] Wed, 08 August 2007 02:20 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The deletions are done on a random timer inside the login page. So if you have a small forum with few people logging in each day, it may take a bit of time for those accounts to be truncated.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum Issue with MYSQL table ?
Next Topic: Undefined template: "TEMPLATE" inside " footer_lnk"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 10:53:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02729 seconds