FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php [message #38539] Tue, 14 August 2007 04:17 Go to next message
syridian is currently offline  syridian   Australia
Hi,

I'm having issues where procmail isn't available on the server my FUDforum is installed on, and security issues mean that running php scripts isn't possible. Currently the gateway on the server only sends mail to the mailing list, but can't recieve posts from the mailing list

The Server Admin has suggested I look into a php wrapper binary to get around this problem, however I'm a little out of my league with that. Apparently a wrapper would allow the pipe to be run through one users account, and send stuff to another users account?

Can someone help by suggesting a wrapper binary that should work with FUDforum's maillist.php, and sendmail, and a suggested way of setting it up?
Re: Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php [message #38557 is a reply to message #38539] Tue, 14 August 2007 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can often pipe incoming e-mail via a .forward file if it is supported.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php [message #38559 is a reply to message #38557] Wed, 15 August 2007 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syridian is currently offline  syridian   Australia
How does this work with users? Is the .forward file run by root, or by the actual user?

I believe the current issue is that the pipe is attempted to be run as the user, however that user doesn't have access in the apache group, and the Administrator wants to keep it that way (the issues with not having control over the the server).
Re: Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php [message #38569 is a reply to message #38559] Wed, 15 August 2007 18:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The .forward file is located inside your home directory. To avoid permissions issues use the forum's admin lock/unlock file control panel to unlock the forum's files. This will allow scripts running under your user account to access forum's files.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD 2.6.10RC3 upgrade to Latest
Next Topic: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 17:34:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02634 seconds