FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled [message #38931] Sat, 08 September 2007 00:40 Go to next message
pozmu is currently offline  pozmu   United Kingdom
Hi
I made a small test forum, imported 2 newsgroups into it... It was extremely slow - it took from 1 to 10 seconds to generate topic page. I turned Geo-Location off and it works very fast (below 0,5 sec). ??? "GeoIP is only done during posting and logging in, so all other pages will be un-affected." - ( http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=34855&&srch=slow #msg_34870 ) It's 2.7.6 of course.
Re: FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled [message #38948 is a reply to message #38931] Sun, 09 September 2007 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Geo-IP is done during message creation, not during displaying so the speed should not be affected. Perhaps the initial slowness was caused by the database not being in memory?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled [message #38968 is a reply to message #38931] Tue, 11 September 2007 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately speed is affected Sad If I enable Geo-location generation time is between 1 and 10 seconds. Without it it's <0,5s. My forum is still in development, so it was crawling with Geo-location enabled for maybe 1 month, then I disabled it and it works fast. I don't understand
Quote:

Perhaps the initial slowness was caused by the database not being in memory?

part of the message... How db can be in memory? You mean Geo-location database?
Re: FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled [message #38971 is a reply to message #38968] Tue, 11 September 2007 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you try upgrading to the latest RC?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum extremely slow with Geo-Location enabled [message #39179 is a reply to message #38931] Sat, 06 October 2007 23:01 Go to previous message
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have no idea what was wrong Confused , but upgrading to 2.7.7 fixed the issue Very Happy . Thanks Smile .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: pdo_concat() declared in both index.php and db.inc
Next Topic: RDF Feed + PDF Generation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:54:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02924 seconds