FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Hide thread after moving all messages (2.7.7RC2)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hide thread after moving all messages [message #40245] Mon, 28 January 2008 16:59 Go to next message
Serega is currently offline  Serega   Russian Federation
Sorry if this problem was fixed, I cant found it.
I use FUDforum 2.7.7RC2.
If I want move all messages from thread1 to thread2, I do:
1) Click to Move messages, select all messages and choose thread2's ID. Click Done.
2) All messages moved from thread1 to thread2, and thread1 deleted. All right. But...
3) ... thread2 invisible! I can go into thread2 over direct http-link, but thread2 is not exist in thread list. I update first message in thread2 and thread2 visible again...

already fixed or no?
Re: Hide thread after moving all messages [message #40248 is a reply to message #40245] Mon, 28 January 2008 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
I think this is already fixed. You can fix it yourself for now by running the consistency checker.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hide thread after moving all messages [message #40261 is a reply to message #40245] Wed, 30 January 2008 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
Well, I can see this behaviour even in latest CVS code. I think it happens because FUDforum deletes the destination topic from fud26_tv_* table instead of the source topic.

But as I wrote several times this is only one of the strange things happening when moving messages:
- displayed post counts on topic/forum listings are wrong after message movements (as far as I can see this happens in all possible cases)
- on complete topic movement the root message of the source topic is deleted, but I can't see why
Re: Hide thread after moving all messages [message #40262 is a reply to message #40245] Wed, 30 January 2008 18:06 Go to previous message
Espion is currently offline  Espion
You could always just use merge until it's fixed. For that type of thing merge might work better anyway.

~Espion
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Invalid Registration Key
Next Topic: Account Moderators - editing user profiles
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:56:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02025 seconds