FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Huge avatar problem...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Huge avatar problem... [message #40315] Sun, 10 February 2008 02:51 Go to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
Since upgrading to V2.7.7 I had a user upload a huge avatar that was over 1/2 the page big ! I was able to stop it because I approve all avatars.

I have my settings at 55K max file size and 160 X 160 size, do both of these get checked when a user submits an avatar??

Also in searching for answers I checked the CVS and found this patch file that looks like it might address the problem if the user uploaded it via a weblink (don't really know how they did it).

http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11799

Can you explain in simple laymans terms how do I apply this CVS patch to the current file?? ...when I have no command line access to my forum (ie I only have the internal File Manager, which would mean I can manually download the file(register.php.t) modify it and re-upload it...in what section of the file do I manually have to add these changes ??

Thanks...
Re: Huge avatar problem... [message #40322 is a reply to message #40315] Sun, 10 February 2008 14:27 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to download the complete text at the given url. Then use the "patch" utility to apply the text file (downloaded text) to register.php.t file. Then rebuild the theme for the changes to take effect.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Account Moderators - editing user profiles
Next Topic: [v2.7.5 > v2.7.7] Some of the attached files vanished
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:55:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03123 seconds