FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Login fails this or any FUD forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login fails this or any FUD forum [message #40563] Thu, 20 March 2008 00:22 Go to next message
HA Baker is currently offline  HA Baker   United States
I joined a FUD forum about a month ago and received the welcome email and clicked the link and went right in, however after I logged out I have not been able to get back in. I checked with the administrator and he is using 2.7.6. I then joined this forum and got the email and got right in after clicking, but once I logged out, same deal, just a guest page with my user/pass filled in which when I click "login", just repeats over and over.
I am writing you from a dialup connection as obviously I can't get in using my normal provider WildBlue. WildBlue is a satellite internet provider and I have spent hours on the phone with them to no avail. I am a member of several other non-FUD forums and do not experience this problem with any of them.
Re: Login fails this or any FUD forum [message #40570 is a reply to message #40563] Thu, 20 March 2008 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you get any errors from the forum while trying to login? Or does the login page just keeps on reloading?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login fails this or any FUD forum [message #40575 is a reply to message #40570] Thu, 20 March 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA Baker is currently offline  HA Baker   United States
First of all thank you for attempting to help me. I do not get any errors unless I try to log in too fast after a first attempt. Then it just says wait a couple of seconds, but my correct login and pass are always displayed even though it only lets me on as a guest, so yes it is an endless cycle. I am using dialup to reply as it always logs me in at startup like it is supposed to. Philip
Re: Login fails this or any FUD forum [message #40596 is a reply to message #40575] Sun, 23 March 2008 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
On your forum. have you tried clearing our the sessions table?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login fails this or any FUD forum [message #40599 is a reply to message #40596] Sun, 23 March 2008 17:26 Go to previous message
rwcherry is currently offline  rwcherry   United States
I am the system administrator of the forum indicated in this thread. The forum is a free, not-for-profit forum that I maintain for persons interested in the restoration, preservation of the old style of American farm windmills.

I have probably a hundred or so active registered users on the forum and the only login problems or any problems ever reported are those from anyone using WildBlue and/or a web accelerator of some kind. It seems to me that there is a hidden conflict of some kind between WildBlue and FudForum.

I'm reluctant to manually clear out ANY tables in the data base as I could end up with hours and hours of re-build time when it fails. I have run the forum consistency process as it is an administrator option.

Seems like either WildBlue or Fudforum should be interesed in solving this. My time is limited and since this is a hobby for me. I don't want to spend several days or weeks looking at PHP code and/or MySql structures.

PS: I did upgrade the forum to 2.7.7

PSS: Looks like the upgrade script broke the forum, so I probably have some recovery to do anyways.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 March 2008 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: posts get chopped
Next Topic: Parsing IPv6...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:09:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02278 seconds