FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » PHP 2.1
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PHP 2.1 [message #10635] Thu, 05 June 2003 21:54 Go to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States

Are you using PHP 2.1.2 or 4.2.0?[ 3 votes ]

Hi,

I just tried to install the latest beta, and got this message:

Quote:

Your php version (4.1.2) is older then the minimum required version (4.2.0). Please install the newer version and try again.
The reasons for this restriction are numerous, most important ones being security & performance. Also, if you are using PostgreSQL, the API of the PostgreSQL interface functions had changed drastically in PHP version, 4.2.0 hence this requirment.

Sadly, I can't upgrade to 4.2.0 because I am running a PLESK box hosted at Rackspace - if I were to upgrade on my own to PHP 4.2.0 it would no longer be supported, and might cause me problems if later I need to upgrade PLESK. Do I have any options at all or can I just not join the FUD community?

It's disappointing because we have 80+ mailman mailing lists run by African civil society organizations that are screaming for FUD. Please keep us in mind!

Best,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2003 21:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PHP 2.1 [message #10639 is a reply to message #10635] Thu, 05 June 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can install & use 2.3.8 (current stable release) with older PHPs and when your webhost upgrades their PHP, which they should the version you are using has MANY security vulnerabilities. You'll be able to upgrade to 2.5.0+.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PHP 2.1 [message #10740 is a reply to message #10635] Mon, 09 June 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkking is currently offline  darkking   Romania

You can download PHPTriad2.1 where you'll gat the latest stable versions.
Also you can download PHP 4.3.1 from http://www.php.net wich also is a very stable version.
Re: PHP 4.1 [message #12803 is a reply to message #10635] Wed, 03 September 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi,

I just upgraded my server which now appears to have php 4.1 again - strangely, FUD appears to work fine. What gives? Do I need to upgrade to 4.2 again?

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: PHP 4.1 [message #12900 is a reply to message #12803] Thu, 18 September 2003 14:15 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Tobias Eigen wrote on Wed, 03 September 2003 18:52

Hi,

I just upgraded my server which now appears to have php 4.1 again - strangely, FUD appears to work fine. What gives? Do I need to upgrade to 4.2 again?

Cheers,

Tobias

Err, you seems to have you PHP versions confused Smile

What version of PHP does FUDforum system info control panel says you have?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Permissions problems
Next Topic: Stage I: Undefined variable: WINDOWS in /home/www/.../fud/install.php on line 554
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 00:44:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03132 seconds