FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion [message #32676] Thu, 13 July 2006 23:29 Go to next message
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States

Do you use the Email Gateway feature in FUDforum?[ 4 votes ]

First off, you have a wonderful system in FUDforum. The Admin topic management features are wonderful, along with the major feature of providing an email gateway to the web board.

What I'd like to see is an automated solution Cool to the following:
1. A user posts a message to the mailing list which goes to my main discussion web board http://itdiscuss.org/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=2

2. After a while, I move that discussion thread to another Topic (Toolbox) http://itdiscuss.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=137

3. When future emails come into the web board for the same thread, it would be nice that they follow where the Admin has moved the topic or have the ability to search multiple forums (ITDiscuss & Toolbox) for a match on the thread.

Keep up the good work!!

Very Happy
Re: Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion [message #32686 is a reply to message #32676] Fri, 14 July 2006 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That's rather tricky to do, probably requiring a separate "track" table for moved topics.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion [message #32698 is a reply to message #32686] Sat, 15 July 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States
Sounds like a good idea to me. Do you think you might include this feature? If so, any idea when it could possibly happen? Twisted Evil
Re: Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion [message #32725 is a reply to message #32698] Mon, 17 July 2006 19:20 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No plans to include it into the forum at this time.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: RSS Reply
Next Topic: Message Posting Summary
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:30:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02153 seconds