FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to control order of poll options?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to control order of poll options? [message #184753] Wed, 29 January 2014 06:07 Go to next message
rshannon is currently offline  rshannon
When creating polls, the poll options seem to order themselves alphabetically, which doesn't allow a high-low, good-bad listing of poll options. How can I control the order in which options will be listed when creating the poll, or perhaps, reorder them later? Consistency check had no effect. Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 04:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to control order of poll options? [message #184763 is a reply to message #184753] Fri, 31 January 2014 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer

Test sorting of questions[ 1 vote ]
1. Option Z 1 / 100%
2. Option A 0 / 0%

Test sorting of poll questions.
Re: How to control order of poll options? [message #184764 is a reply to message #184763] Fri, 31 January 2014 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Definitely not alphabetical!
Options are listed in the order you've entered them.
Re: How to control order of poll options? [message #184766 is a reply to message #184764] Fri, 31 January 2014 18:25 Go to previous message
rshannon is currently offline  rshannon
Thanks for the reply. The poll options are definitely not ending up sorted in the order created. They did on the first poll I created, but when I went back to change to a different order, starting all over with the options, they did not. Then I deleted the entire poll topic, ran the consistency checker, started with a brand new poll topic. It looked like the options were being ordered 1st entered last in the list, new options piling on top, but even that turned out not to be the case when done. I went through this at least 4 times, creating a brand new poll topic every time, and they still didn't end up in the order entered, neither ascending or descending. It's always possible I'm missing something, but I wouldn't have posted this query if it was that easy. Sad I'll create a state matrix with various possibilities and try again to isolate the problem.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 January 2014 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Stop Forums Showing Home Page
Next Topic: Problems With Members Login
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:03:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02383 seconds