|Aw: Responsive Theme "Sensitiv"
||Thu, 02 April 2015 03:19
Here are the source files |
Its a 2-column layout, but the left column can easily be removed. It will automatically disappear in smaller devices.
This version is NOT fully responsive, as it still keeps the original table layout with all columns. This means it works from around 600px width, below that its necessary to to some additonal tweaking on more template files. This version will follow later for those interested
|Responsive Theme "Sensitiv"
||Wed, 25 March 2015 14:35
A new theme with many responsive features: Sensitiv|
I´m currently working on this to replace our current theme, which is close in optics but based on a quite old Yahoo CSS layout.
Taking some new CSS features and following the principle of "less is more" it was actually not too difficult to come to a solution for those people enjoing the web world with their Iphone
So in concrete:
- I roughly devided the target into 3 groups:
* desktop 800px and more
* mobile devices 400-799px
* those less than that
- its clear that advertising, but also some less important stuff from the forum has to be taken off for those with limited screen size
- I added simple MEDIA query tags
.xhide = hide less than 800px
.xxhide = hide less than 400px
.xshow = show when less than 800px
With the combination of xhide and xshow you can easily switch between various layouts
- a 2 column layout, where the left column will be used for banner ads in the real site and which will "disappear" in mobile devices
- a reduction of less important forum stuff as well, also less columns to allow more flexibility
Okay, just a few words on this.
Maybe its not perfect, but it already shows some nice effects when lowering screen size. Look at the various banners disappearing etc.
Try yourself in http://www.alopezie.de/foren/test/index.php
Will publish source shortly ...