FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » NOT remembering passwords
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NOT remembering passwords [message #19642] Sun, 15 August 2004 20:08 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Hi

In any modern web browser (mozilla and probably IE), if the appropriate options are activated, when the user enters his login/password, the browser offers to remember them.

We use FUDForum in a school environment where students may share the computers, so this behavior is clearly not advisable. Would it be possible to add an administrator option to prevent this (like yahoo does) (I think this has to do with autocomplete=0 or something like that) ?

There are ways around this (mozilla's bookmarklets) but I won't tell the students Smile

Regards

[Updated on: Sun, 15 August 2004 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #19653 is a reply to message #19642] Mon, 16 August 2004 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Good idea, added to CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #19991 is a reply to message #19642] Mon, 20 September 2004 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Oh my! And I use the forum on my own computer and I do use and need the passowrd manager to work as it should (not in IE of course). So preventing it would become quite unhandy for me! I hope you added an OPTION for the admin to check in general settings whether he needs to prevent it or not?

(As for me, the end-user computer in this case should take care of this - like admin turning off those options in browser, not turning it off through forum to make incovenience for all other users who might use e.g. mozillas encrypted password manager, or Opera's wand or whatever on their PC at home...)

Lady of Avalon
Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #19995 is a reply to message #19991] Mon, 20 September 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
it's a configurable option.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #19998 is a reply to message #19995] Mon, 20 September 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then it's wonderful Smile

I think about taking a slogan "the more configurable options, the better" Very Happy

Lady of Avalon
Re : Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #20042 is a reply to message #19998] Thu, 23 September 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be nice if this option also applied to the "Change user login" page and the admin panel. Mozilla always asks me to remember the admin password, which I don't want it to do.

Regards

F
Re: Re : Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #20058 is a reply to message #20042] Thu, 23 September 2004 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Added to cvs.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Re: NOT remembering passwords [message #20071 is a reply to message #20058] Fri, 24 September 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you !
Re: Notification mail bug [message #20140 is a reply to message #20042] Tue, 28 September 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Ukraine
Mozilla has the option for password remembering "never for this site" as well as Opera - so, it wouldn't have to be a problem BTW.

BTW, why do I receive the notification about new reply from math_adm in French??? From Ilya - in English as it should be. Do you guys receive notifications about my reply in Russian??? I just thought it's a strange change of language. May be the user should rather receive the notification in his own chosen language, BTW, that would be a nice feature!
Re: Notification mail bug [message #20141 is a reply to message #20140] Tue, 28 September 2004 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, it was me - forgot to login. And my forum language is Russian and I did always received notifications in Enlgish before I got those ones from math_adm in French...

Lady of Avalon
Re : Re: Notification mail bug [message #20146 is a reply to message #20140] Wed, 29 September 2004 05:39 Go to previous message
Anonymous a écrit le mar, 28 septembre 2004 17:28

Mozilla has the option for password remembering "never for this site" as well as Opera - so, it wouldn't have to be a problem BTW.

But the students who use the forum here almost all use IE and, even though it might have this option, the students won't use it and a number of them will click on yes when IE asks them.

Citation :

BTW, why do I receive the notification about new reply from math_adm in French??? From Ilya - in English as it should be. Do you guys receive notifications about my reply in Russian??? I just thought it's a strange change of language. May be the user should rather receive the notification in his own chosen language, BTW, that would be a nice feature!

True. I did receive some notifications in Russian, that was a bit confusing Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Smarter message length cutting (Vote!)
Next Topic: obfuscated emails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:53:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02306 seconds