FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Most Current Release in eGroupWare?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #20887] Mon, 01 November 2004 13:54 Go to next message
jonmoss is currently offline  jonmoss   United States

My eGroupWare is version 1.0.0.005 and the fudforum "inside" eGroupware is version 2.6.0.

Is it possible to upgrade fudforum in egroupware to match the most current release?

Or do I have to wait for the next release of eGroupWare?

Thanks and have a great day!

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #20890 is a reply to message #20887] Mon, 01 November 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am now making some pretty big changes to the FUDforum source code, once those are done I'll take some time to synronize the old mostly 2.6.0 based forum in eGW with the current forum release.

The timeline for this is withing the 1st 1.5 weeks after 2.6.8 stable is released.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #20894 is a reply to message #20890] Mon, 01 November 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you very much for the update. I'll look forward to it.

And thank you very much for such quick responses and such a wonderful product. All my church members really enjoy fudforum via eGroupWare.

Keep up the great work!

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #21079 is a reply to message #20887] Thu, 11 November 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tizz is currently offline  tizz   United States
May want to make this post sticky.

Regards
-Dean
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #21397 is a reply to message #21079] Mon, 29 November 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How's this coming? I was hoping the updates would be included in eGroupWare 1.0.0.0.6, but they weren't.

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #21400 is a reply to message #21397] Mon, 29 November 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Some very major changes were made to FUDforum in recent while, once I am done with all those changes and feel that the code is stable and finalized I will sync FUDforum (standalone) source with the ones in eGW.

Current time-line for this is mid-december.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #21403 is a reply to message #21400] Mon, 29 November 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for the update. I look forward to testing it for you. Smile I have three eGroupWare sites going currently.

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22001 is a reply to message #21403] Fri, 07 January 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Happy New Year!

Was wondering how the updates for FUDForum for eGroupware were coming?

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22004 is a reply to message #20887] Fri, 07 January 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sir_Brizz is currently offline  Sir_Brizz   United States
I would like to know this too, the version of FUDforum that comes with eGroupware is EXTREMELY buggy.
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22011 is a reply to message #22004] Sun, 09 January 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kara is currently offline  kara   France
It seems I'm not the only one to be very impatient Laughing

I confess i've thinked about doing this by myself Embarassed

What's the time line now? Smile

p.s: excuse my english Wink
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22016 is a reply to message #22011] Sun, 09 January 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
My development server is currently offline due to hardware issues, so for the next week or so I cannot do much. Past that point I intend to rapidly move towards release of FUDforum 2.6.10, which should finalize/stablize the code base. At that point I will begin updating FUDforum in EgroupWare.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22639 is a reply to message #22016] Wed, 09 February 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So how is this going? Any luck updating codebase for eGroupWare FUDforum?

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #22642 is a reply to message #20887] Wed, 09 February 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just another vote to update FF in eGroupware. I would love to have my majordomo/mhonarc email system work in conjunction with FF on eGroupware. Very slick indeed. Cool

Regards
-Dean
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24077 is a reply to message #20887] Wed, 13 April 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reefkeeper is currently offline  reefkeeper   United States
I'm also looking forward to a current build of the latest FUDforum in eGroupware. Our company would like to search for words with 3 characters, but all 3 character searches come up negative. I saw this was fixed with the standalone FUDforum, but the build with the fix still hasn't been incorporated into the egroupware version of FUDforum

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 22:13]

Report message to a moderator

icon5.gif  Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24100 is a reply to message #20887] Fri, 15 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bert is currently offline  bert   South Africa
Another "me too". Have been using egroupware (1.0.0.006) for +-3 months now, and keep on discovering new bugs in fudforum. I finally realised that its fudforum version (2.6.0) is very old, and the bugs I've discovered have all been fixed already...

Is the "upgrade" from fudforum 2.6.0 to 2.6.12 as simple as just copying the new source files over the old ones, or are there also DB table changes etc. that would need to be made? If so, is there a safe way of dumping the entire forum contents/users/ratings/settings etc. then making new fudforum tables and new source (within egroupware structure) then re-importing all the fudforum data?

I really want to upgrade my fudforum... It looks to be a great system, but 2.6.0 has lots of broken functionality (notifications, attachments, figuring out unread posts etc.)
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24188 is a reply to message #24100] Tue, 19 April 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I noticed this morning that eGroupware 1.0.0.007 was released. So I immediately downloaded and upgraded one of my sites. I was very disappointed to note that fudforum wasn't updated.

Is there anyway I can update the code in fudforum manually?

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24190 is a reply to message #24188] Tue, 19 April 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum code updates on any large scale has not happened yet, there were a few minor fixes included inside this release. But the sync between standalone FUDforum 2.6.12 and eGW's FUDforum is still very much a work in progress.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24220 is a reply to message #24190] Wed, 20 April 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumble is currently offline  bumble   Belgium
Hi,

I see this topic and I do not want to be insistent. But It is my problem:

I've installed eGroupware for my company and activated some modules like messaging, address book, infolog, ...

I tried classical forum and fudForum and this last were my choice because it seemed powerfull and pretty.

Unfortunately, the 0.0.1 (sic!) version of eGroupWare (2.6.0) is very buggy. I've got a lot of unhappy sql errors, that can't be anticipated (different between users, for example). Second, these errors are not showed so the only thing we see outside the error log is a white screen.

Consistency checks and other fixes do not give any result.

My boss is a jurist and for him, an sql error is just some kind of ugly pink and purple strange beast Very Happy

In these conditions, I just cannot go on with this great tool for the moment.

So this is my question: you plan for a few weeks to synchronize the fudForum sources with the eGroupWare module. Have you got some roadmap to do this? My company can wait for one or two weeks but not more...

Thanks,
Renaud
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24223 is a reply to message #24220] Wed, 20 April 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Syncronization is in the books, but it is not likely to happen prior to mid-June.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24225 is a reply to message #24223] Wed, 20 April 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bert is currently offline  bert   South Africa
Is there anything I can do to help? Does the eGW fudforum code differ significantly from the normal fudforum code? Could one not do a diff between fudforum 2.6.0 and eGW fudforum 2.6.0, and then apply that "patch" to fudforum 2.6.12 to get a starting point for eGW fudforum 2.6.12?
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24229 is a reply to message #24225] Wed, 20 April 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, depends on a problem you are seeing. Some patches to FUDforum can be taken verbatim and applied to eGW, others cannot because the code has been modified to work with eGW.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24243 is a reply to message #20887] Wed, 20 April 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in a similar boat to other users in this thread.

I could also throw in some time if it would help get fudforums operational in eGroupware. Specifically, I need to able to send mail to eGroupware and populate specificied forums.

Regards
-Dean
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24941 is a reply to message #24243] Thu, 19 May 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Since I work at a law firm, I have access to some nice document comparison tools.

I ran a redline (that's slang for a document comparison) on some of the old source files contained in eGroupWare as compared to the new source files contained in the latest release of FUDForum.

For the results, please visit:

http://69.76.206.181:83/mossweb/egwff-v-ff26/

If you think this is helpful, I can run comparisons on all the files and post them to the same place.

Just FYI with respect to redline results:

I always compare the old document to the new document so anything that is blue and double-underlined has been added in the newer document. Anything red and struckout has been deleted in the newer document. Anything green has been moved. See the report at the bottom of the redline results for more information.

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24943 is a reply to message #24941] Thu, 19 May 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What you've compared were the template compiled files and not original sources (.tmpl, .t ) files which were used to generate the result. There are also various database storage specific changes etc...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24946 is a reply to message #24943] Thu, 19 May 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 08:17

What you've compared were the template compiled files and not original sources (.tmpl, .t ) files which were used to generate the result. There are also various database storage specific changes etc...

Hmm . . . I went to the ForumDataFiles location on my server to the src directory. All the files in that directory end with .t (not .tmpl). I did the same thing for eGroupWare. Then I compared, for example, index.php.t (from eGroupWare) to index.php.t (from FUDForum 2.6.13RC1).

I can compare the .tmpl files if you like but the reason I did not was I have made modifications to the template files and recompiled them via the theme builder, so they would no longer be "out-of-the-box" and not a good candidate for comparison.

If there is another location where I can find the source files, please let me know and I can compare the appropriate files.

Jon Moss

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:25]

Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24947 is a reply to message #24946] Thu, 19 May 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The .tmpl files would be inside theme/default/tmpl/.

There is the include/*.inc and adm/*.php directories containing the sources.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #24948 is a reply to message #24947] Thu, 19 May 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, thanks, I'll look in those folders.

Jon Moss
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #25751 is a reply to message #24223] Mon, 20 June 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd want to reactivate this thread...

What about a recent eGw's release? Smile
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #25775 is a reply to message #20887] Tue, 21 June 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edwin is currently offline  edwin   United States
I want to see this as well, but want to suggest that we should contribute more to the project. For example, the documentation for setting up fudforum in egroupware would be improved with simplified instructions, faqs, and best practices. I'm going to start a "Manual" documentation thread where I hope we can all show our appreciation for the development work on fudforum for egroupware.

Here's the thread:
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5252&start=0&

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 07:11]

icon9.gif  Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #26111 is a reply to message #25775] Tue, 05 July 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hum, you're certainly right.

But the actual version of fudforum is 2.6.0, wich is IMHO totally bugged and unusable in production.

So before doing any manual, i would be pleased to deploy a newer version of fudforum in egroupware...

Someone talked about mid-june and I do not see anything. My question is actually: is fudforum being refactored to be easilly deployed under egroupware, and, in this case I would be pleased to contribute to docs. OR, isn't it the case and I will scratch it from my server and seek about another solution.

I'm not even asking for a date. I just wanna know if the egroupware packaging is in progress or not.

Regards,
Renaud
Re: Most Current Release in eGroupWare? [message #29381 is a reply to message #20887] Fri, 16 December 2005 15:27 Go to previous message
sommer is currently offline  sommer   Denmark
This thread was started more than a year ago, but it doesn't seem like anything is happening! - or am I wrong?

The thread has been "reactivated" here: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5792&start=0&

I would like to ask Ilia to post there - we are quite a few who would like to know whether there is any progress?

/Henrik
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cannot download attachments in fudforum after mysql upgrade
Next Topic: when accessing the forum, some of my users get a blank page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:19:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12868 seconds