FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Controlling Word-Wrapping on Piped Email
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Controlling Word-Wrapping on Piped Email [message #162831] Thu, 29 July 2010 20:57 Go to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
I have an email group that pipes emails to a message board. The word wrap of the emails varies. In yahoo, the messages tend to fill the entire container on the message board. But in all other mail clients, only part of the container width is filled, because the original mail was wrapped. I want all of the email messages to fill the entire width of the container. The word-wrap feature in Global Settings will not accomplish this. I've turned it up, down and off -- there is no change.

I've thought of two possible solutions: a CSS insert, or a Regex that eliminates line breaks. Because I am only a garage mechanic (at these sorts of things), I simply cannot get the job done. Could any of you give me any sorts of leads as to how I might accomplish this?

Here is a link that shows the issue: http://seanwilson.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1729&start=0&S=1 71399e41f2c10c4357dd9b217caaa3f
(compare the message of "sean" with that of "rob." One fills the container, the other not).

Can any of you suggest how to get all the mail to fill the container?

Much thanks in advance(as always).
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can you wrap text around an image? (RESOLVED)
Next Topic: Hits to non-existent pages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 05:16:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04154 seconds