FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Version 3.0.5RC2 Installation Bugs (First installation on a server using ssh command line)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Version 3.0.5RC2 Installation Bugs [message #169128] Thu, 22 August 2013 16:11 Go to previous message
crustyoz   United States
I just discovered and installed Fudforum. I like what I see so far. Thanks to the developers
for all the heavy work.

I haven't poked around enough on this forum to get a sense for the "way things are done"TM
so I'll just push ahead.

Server: VPS running Cent0S 6
PHP version: 5.3.3

All actions done at the command line under ssh access.

1. Command line installation instructions at your site /index.php/Install needs the following:

a) expand instructions with examples for databases other than mysql. In particular, sqlite3
does not make use of the DB_HOST_USER and DB_HOST_PASSWORD parameters.

b) include specific identifiers for the legal values of DBHOST_DBTYPE. I needed to look inside install.php
to find the correct value to use.

c) file access permissions are often a problem to get set correctly. My solution is to set the owner and
group identifiers to match the web server owner and group. This applies even if the files are stored under
a different user HOME directory. If there are other options it would be value to know them.

d) ensure correct matching between the configured root directory known to the web server and that which
is defined in the WWW_ROOT parameter. It is not evident from the documentation that this value will be
set as the html base href value in the page header. The result was that none of the images or javascript
were loaded during first tests.

2. The recommendation to use Apache and MySql along with the required PHP is an easy one to make but
my experience has been that many problems are avoided if both Apache and MySql can be avoided. I do
this by using the Hiawatha web server and Sqlite3 databases.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I can't upload icons files
Next Topic: After upgrade from 3.0.4 on my test forum :)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:54:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04887 seconds