FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Missing message content after rebuild (Forum rebuilt but missing content)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Missing message content after rebuild [message #186750] Sat, 14 February 2015 12:49 Go to previous message
timwalter is currently offline  timwalter   United Kingdom
Hi,

Help please.

My server was hacked so needed to rebuild it (Centos/Virtualmin/fudforum)

For obscure reasons (to me) I had to restore the domain in Virtualmin first, but the site didn't work. After various attempts to install or upgrade, I found the only way was to delete the old Fudforum folder and the forum folder, the do a fresh install, which gave me an empty 3.0.6 Fudforum. I then "imported" the mySQL database within mySQL (its the only way I could do it.) (I think this was a 3.0.4 version from memory.)

All is fine and dandy (Superficially at least) but two issues stand out. One, the forum name wasn't reinstated, and all the message **Content** is missing. The correct poster (via a mailing list) and their details etc are displayed but every post is empty. I can't see where in mysql the actual message posts are stored???

I'm guessing the latest forum database is slightly different from the previous version. I've tried "upgrading, consolidating etc" but still the same. ANy advice how to get the post contents back

http://www.emisnug.net

Many thanks
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using SourceForge's bug tracker (ticket system)
Next Topic: >> and how many pages it moves
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 04:27:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04658 seconds