| Responsive Theme "Sensitiv" [message #186866]
||Wed, 25 March 2015 14:35
A new theme with many responsive features: Sensitiv|
I´m currently working on this to replace our current theme, which is close in optics but based on a quite old Yahoo CSS layout.
Taking some new CSS features and following the principle of "less is more" it was actually not too difficult to come to a solution for those people enjoing the web world with their Iphone
So in concrete:
- I roughly devided the target into 3 groups:
* desktop 800px and more
* mobile devices 400-799px
* those less than that
- its clear that advertising, but also some less important stuff from the forum has to be taken off for those with limited screen size
- I added simple MEDIA query tags
.xhide = hide less than 800px
.xxhide = hide less than 400px
.xshow = show when less than 800px
With the combination of xhide and xshow you can easily switch between various layouts
- a 2 column layout, where the left column will be used for banner ads in the real site and which will "disappear" in mobile devices
- a reduction of less important forum stuff as well, also less columns to allow more flexibility
Okay, just a few words on this.
Maybe its not perfect, but it already shows some nice effects when lowering screen size. Look at the various banners disappearing etc.
Try yourself in http://www.alopezie.de/foren/test/index.php
Will publish source shortly ...
Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 14:41]
Report message to a moderator