FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Red-Photo: Dark-red-Theme / Responsive / Based on Bootstrap
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Red-Photo: Dark-red-Theme / Responsive / Based on Bootstrap [message #187184] Sat, 20 August 2016 08:23
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
So is this is the last one to share, again another basic color to allow for different needs.

Everything you need is in attached download, but I want to give some ideas what I did ... which may be a bit unusual for most...

What you need:

1. bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com/) in your forum directory, I used /bt for it.
So
- bt/css
- bt/fonts
- bt/js

2. a directory thm/redphoto
which does contain
a) the content of path_info
b) just forum.css.tmpl (which contains all CSS for the page)
c) /i18n with (important) your buttons in the directories below

3. a directory thm/btdef
which contains the .tmpl files changed from the default Fudforum

Why this?
- if there is an update it will limit your work mainly to check the files in /btdef
- you can direct several themes to /btdef, so adding a new template with just changing forum.css

The advantage: You have ONE template to change ... and all your themes will changes accordingly

Its a bit like "Zengarden", the nice style of working just with CSS and doing miracles

Again, everything you need is in the download, just check where your "thm"-folder is located, it may be different.

Add a new Theme in Theme Manager, select "redphoto" as template stye ... and you should see it.

Important:
- changing CSS happens in /redphoto
- changing .tmpl happens in /btdef

Here (http://www.alopezie.de/foren/test1/index.php/t/4/) described a bit more in depth what I did, and also this forum currently is running the similar constructed "myths" as default theme (it may change as it is just a playground !!)

If you register you may also see this and my other themes, but again .. its just a test forum

index.php?t=getfile&id=6641&private=0

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
[Message index]

Read Message
Previous Topic: Myths-2: Responsive Theme based on Bootstrap
Next Topic: Myths-Classic: Click and Go
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Dec 18 08:01:53 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00796 seconds