FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Move the forum to a new Server - Step by Step
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Move the forum to a new Server - Step by Step [message #40624] Sun, 30 March 2008 14:41 Go to previous message
voisardf is currently offline  voisardf   Switzerland
hello everybody,

yet another one with a migration problem... Rolling Eyes
I am changing my ISP and have to move my FUDforum (2.7.6) to a new server. I tried for several hours now to get my old forum running on the new server, without sucess... I got some nice MySQL errors and blank pages.
So I would appreciate little bit of help Smile
I have to admit that I'm not particularly familiar with the FUDforum yet and that I did not read all the existing posts on that topic...so my first question would be:

Is there a step by step explication "how to move to a new server" somewhere in the documentation or could anybody provide my this information?

I already found out that it is not possible to import the 2.7.6 data in a 2.7.7 Forum, because the table structure has slightly changed (some new fields).
Furthermore I'd like to change the folder organisation for my data folder, so I would need to replace the old paths by the new one anyway. And I have created my own theme and set it as default.

Stange things I encounter:
When trying to unlock my forumfiles I end up with a blank screen in Firefox 2.x and Safari 3.x and the "FUDdata/include/theme" folder is not unlocked (0700) is this normal?
When I try to make a forum datadump in the admin console I also end up with a blank screen and a .gz file with a size varying from 27 MB upto 3.3 Gb for a forum with about 150 posts only!

I'm on MacOS 10.4.x;
The old server is on FreeBSD 5.5; MySQL 3.23.58; Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) and very very slow (the reason I move)
The new Server is on Linux tux41 2.6.11.4; MySQL 4.0.27; Apache ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

François
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Private Messaging Wonderments
Next Topic: Ban privelegy, how to add?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]