FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Is FUD still active?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Is FUD still active? [message #157961 is a reply to message #157960] Sun, 11 January 2009 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
Appreciate the feedback guys. I would just like to know there is still development and support available for the software on an ongoing basis.

The content I would be looking for is more 'rich content', it could be as simple as being able to imbed video ie link [/youtube] and see a preview thumbnail to a direct link to video content without having to host it ourselves.

Or the ability to easily add an advanced gallery function to the forum that can let our members post up pictures or content about themselves. Ilia is into photos quite a bit, I'm surprised there was never any integration of FUD into a gallery type program...I'm not saying write it from scratch, but just create a template or plug ins so we can use common ones available like gallery, gallery2 or optionally other commercial ones.

As for fixes, as soon as I upgraded to 2.7.7 the email functions of the forum broke, I did lot of troubleshooting but never got it to work again and had to move off it. Likewise the import function does not work, I can't take an export of my current 2.7.7 software and move it to a fresh newly installed 2.7.7 Server, it errors out. I've posted threads about both these problems and spent considerable personal time trying to make them work in various workarounds but to no avail.

The only other feature I get asked for all the time is for members to be able to delete their own posts, often discussions get heated and people want to delete something they said in the heat of the moment. I have set the editing to 30 mins but can see no way for an ordinary member to delete their own posts unless I make them Mods?? I'm not talking an always ability, just for a variable amount of time thru global options like how you can set the length of time to edit a msg.

Anyone else think of other things that would be nice to have??

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message