FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Is FUD still active?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Is FUD still active? [message #158111 is a reply to message #158105] Sun, 01 February 2009 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marticus   United States
I don't want to see bloat. That is my only concern adding new features. That and the possibility of security degradation. What I -would- like to see, is a simple minor release with the aforementioned bug fixes, simply to show the community that there is work being done on it, if at a slower pace.

I personally feel that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I know some people who feel that there should be a new release to show them there is ongoing support and development.

After I started this topic, I noticed the work being done on PHP by the author of FUD forum, and that seems to have placated most people, but there is still some concern about staleness of this project.

Again, if we could get a 2.7.8 release based on the fixes in cvs, a lot of people would be tremendously happy.

As for new content, I personally would like to see a different interface for modifying theme template, a sort of layout page with clickable areas, to navigate to the various template sections, or something ingenious like that. I've mentioned this in the past and it wasn't welcomed then, but I still think the cumbersome template editor is too much for many admins to handle or take the time to learn.

Cheers
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message