FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Anti-Bot Modification for FUDForum  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Anti-Bot Modification for FUDForum [message #158021 is a reply to message #158005] Mon, 19 January 2009 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MrMike is currently offline  MrMike   United States
naudefj wrote on Mon, 19 January 2009 02:48

This looks promising. What hooks do we need to have in the FUDforum code to support such a mod? I assume a "user registration" hook that returns true/false will do.
I don't know...since I'm not able to see or modify the code in FUDForum, I can't say for sure.

For all other forums it's very simple- all that's required is to place one line of code with an include() statement in the right location. This is normally in the registration code at the point where the registration form is submitted and the fields are processed. The BotBuster code just needs to be able to see the 'email' and 'username' fields that are submitted when a person (or a bot) tries to register.

Since I can't see or modify any of the code in FUDForum, I don't know how it would be done. If it can't see those fields it may not be able to function with FUDForum. Sad

How does one make changes to FUDForum, and how or what is is it compiled with?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using FUD as CMS base?