FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » How to create a new theme for your forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: How to create a new theme for your forum [message #186569 is a reply to message #186562] Thu, 02 October 2014 19:05 Go to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
This is my understanding and please correct me where I'm wrong:
- If he copies and mods the entire DEFAULT theme, then the minimalistic changes that the path_info and path_info_seo themes (which are based off the default theme) would just work.
- If his mod is based on the path_info_seo template/theme, then it will require work to work those changes back into the default theme if we want to use it.

The important thing is that this theme is going to be a major overhaul. I'm asking for a table-less, W3C-compliant, responsive layout. FF would be only one of two major forums that I can find that have a fully responsive layout. (The other is vbulletin. Go to vbulletin.com/forum and shrink your browser's width as small as you can, and you'll see what I mean. It's totally usable on phones. Do the same with phpbb.com, http://community.invisionpower.com, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, or phorum.org and you will see they can't do that. My goal is to have FF be able to be fully responsive and mobile-ready.)

If the dream is to make this the new default template for FF, it seems to me that copying and modifying the DEFAULT theme would be the most appropriate thing to do. Or am I looking at this all wrong?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Simple and clean.
Goto Forum: