FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Moving to a new host. (Problems importing data)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moving to a new host. [message #158536] Mon, 02 March 2009 22:37 Go to previous message
Layne123 is currently offline  Layne123   United States
Frustrated noob here....

I did some searches and nothing showed up that helped.

I'm trying to move from my current host to godaddy. I have installed the same version of fudforum (Forum Version: 2.7.6 - from the best I can tell) on the godaddy server and have tried to import the datadump in both gz and .fud format. About 30 seconds into the data import the screen blanks. I click "Return to forum" and get this error:
Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/content/l/l/i/llitz123/html/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 188

Basically I want to make sure everything works on the godaddy server before I shut down the old server. One hitch that I don't completely understand is that godaddy has this "feature" called previewdns which allows me to test site settings without actually transferring my domain. I'm not sure if this is causing issues with fudforum or not.

Any help in troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I don't even know where to begin.

Clan =SS= Underachieving Cyber-athletes!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: collapse and expand buttons no longer available after restoring data dump!
Next Topic: decompress error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 00:25:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07240 seconds