FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Mailing list integration question
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Mailing list integration question [message #168843 is a reply to message #168841] Sun, 28 July 2013 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
OK, I tested the functionality we're talking about. I viewed the Message-IDs and the In-Reply-To references in Outlook by looking at the email headers. I viewed what FUDforum was placing in the database by monitoring the mlist_msg_id column for the associated messages.

I verified:
1. FUDforum creates a Message-ID for original forum messages that are sent to a mailing list and it stores that info in the mlist_msg_id column
2. Neither FUDforum nor Mailman changes a Message-ID of an incoming message if it has one (which it should if it was sent by any decent MTA), but Mailman will give it one if it doesn't have one
3. FUDforum does properly grab the Message-ID of the incoming message and stores that in the mlist_msg_id column
4. Most importantly, FUDforum uses the values in that column to properly create the In-Reply-To header. (I did several posts back and forth from email and the forum, and each time FUDforum assigned the previous Message-ID as the In-Reply-To header.

So really all that's left is to create a database query that would get all the Message-IDs for a given thread, then create a References line based on that. Awesome!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message