FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forcing New Line at Beginning of Signature for News Group Post?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Forcing New Line at Beginning of Signature for News Group Post? [message #159756 is a reply to message #159755] Fri, 19 June 2009 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
I _think_ what might be going on here is in the file src/imsg_edt.inc around line 787 in 2.8:

$body = $mtf->body . (($mtf->msg_opt & 1 && $mtf->sig) ? "\n-- \n" . $mtf->sig : '');
$body = plain_text($body, '{TEMPLATE: post_html_quote_start_p1}', '{TEMPLATE: post_html_quote_start_p2}', '{TEMPLATE: post_html_quote_end}');

I don't really know what I'm doing, but my thought is that the function plain_text() is removing trailing spaces from lines (which would normally be OK). But it would then remove the space behind the two dashes and thus nntp clients don't recognise the signature.

I think the easiest solution would be to convert to plain text and then prepend the signature. So basically flip the two lines, more or less.

Any comments?

James.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message