FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forcing New Line at Beginning of Signature for News Group Post?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Forcing New Line at Beginning of Signature for News Group Post? [message #159772 is a reply to message #159762] Mon, 22 June 2009 11:50 Go to previous message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
naudefj wrote on Sat, 20 June 2009 21:54
Why don't you try it and let us know if it solves the problem? Just remember to plain_text() the signature as well.

Should I back-out the patch against imsg_edt.inc.t?

Hi Frank,

I figured out what was going on. I have added a prefix of "-- " to the newsgroup signature. But then that goes through the plain_text() filter and the trailing space is removed.

But that is not the right way to do it. In nntp any signature should always start with the standard "-- " so I changed the line in imsg_edt.inc.t to

$nntp->post_message($mtf->subject, $body." \n-- \n".$nntp_adm->custom_sig, $from, $mtf->id, $replyto_id, $attach);

So that it is always generated with this signature. I suppose a more generic solution would be to only add the "-- " if there was a signature but for me there always will be so it's not a problem.

Then the news group sig that the admin enters doesn't need to worry about this and it all works fine.

Cheers,

James.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message