FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade.php problem (can't seem to get it to go)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade.php problem [message #161821] Thu, 11 February 2010 01:26 Go to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I have 2.6.4 running. I downloaded the 3.0.0 upgrade to my PC, unzipped the upgrade.php file (with WinRAR), uploaded it via FTP to my forum folder, set the permissions to 777 and put the file name in my browser. Then, after backing up things, I hit enter on the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and ... nothing happened. The browser screen was blank, and it said "Done" in the status line. I have not seen anything in the apache logs to indicate that anything happened. Thankfully, 2.6.4 appears to still be intact.
I tried the same thing with IE8, and got a 500 error message.
I also uploaded the zip file to my web forum folder and ran the unzip command on it, then copied it to the proper spot and attempted to run it again. Same result. Nada!
Is there a list of basic settings I can check?
I feel like there must be something simple that somebody else must have run into
I have PHP 5.2.9, Mysql 5.0.75.
One other thing, I installed 2.6.1 many years ago on a small account, and was able to upgrade it to 2.6.4. A couple of years ago I moved the forum and the data and the database to the exact same paths on a larger account by copying all the files rather than by re-installing from scratch. I am a very happy user of FUDforum, but I seem to be stuck at step 1 of the upgrade process.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message