FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Linking to another post within a thread? (Is it possible to link a reply?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Linking to another post within a thread? [message #162207 is a reply to message #162206] Mon, 05 April 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
pwerkso wrote on Sun, 04 April 2010 19:55
Is this just because how the forum is set up? Can I work around this? Thanks for your help by the way Smile

Curious isn't it!

Not being able to see the whole page, or work with it the best I can do is an educated guess that msg #9939 may have been part of another forum/topic which has been moved or merged to its current location from somewhere you don't have access or permissions to or perhaps it originates from an XML feed and don't show.

But don't quote me on that it's only a guess!!!

So where does #9901 take you? See if it tells you that you don't have permissions to post there!

I did try to replicate what your image shows without success though; I also looked around without finding anything similar.

What I do know is that there are a lot of quirks (for lack of a better word) inherent in most forum software which have various effects the average user don't always understand, such as multiple forum installations using the same database or different combinations of default setting and permissions for various users, or even minor modifications made by the Admins.

Perhaps you could ask the forums admin or moderators, or you could email me the forums URL and I could look see, beyond that I am at a loss as to why this is.

But I do love a good mystery, it's what I live for and it's so satisfying when you finally find the answer.

Let us know what you find and I will keep an eye open.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation
Next Topic: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 00:06:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05231 seconds