FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Linking to another post within a thread? (Is it possible to link a reply?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Linking to another post within a thread? [message #162223 is a reply to message #162219] Fri, 09 April 2010 13:28 Go to previous message
pwerkso is currently offline  pwerkso   Australia
The Witcher wrote on Wed, 07 April 2010 10:30
The forum you referred me to is a 'FUDforum" installed in a sub domain of another website installation (using a different software platform of an unknown type, perhaps "front page").

It is apparent that these are primarily Members only forums, so I am reasonably certain that the forum software has been modified/set to have all public beginners posts pointed to the OP, which would appear to be a topic/msg which has been moved/split from elsewhere. It is highly likely you simply do not have permissions to access those sources even as a registered member.

So since it appears that the forum has been adapted so as not to allow links to individual posts, just to the topic until the user advances upwards. You can get around that somewhat by quoting the msg # your reply is to, and or a full quote.

The beginning forum is a portal, and beyond that you must be a member to even read most of the forums, yet as a beginner or anonymous users you can still see some but not read them.

Bottom line is that it appears the Administrators have gone to some length to provide a secure forum for its users..... Work with them!

The current administrator apparently did not start the Forum but inherited it from another so they may not even know or remember how it was modified. However they appeared to be open to ideas and questions.

The anonymous post you made at the guild was deleted after I got the link, since it was not pertinent, being just a quick way of getting the link to me. I used Firefox and IE with identical results so it is not your browser.

My message #162200 still applies to forums with more standard configurations/setups, and may work for you later after you have advanced further.

Hope that helps.

I think I understand a lot more clearly now! Thanks so much for your time and effort, it is truly appreciated!! You're amazing! Smile
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation
Next Topic: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 07:44:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04959 seconds