FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Unable to import into FUDForum2Go appliance
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Unable to import into FUDForum2Go appliance [message #162126 is a reply to message #162121] Tue, 23 March 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TonyMarston is currently offline  TonyMarston   United Kingdom
Why should the fact that the backup was taken from a MySQL database make a difference? The backup format should be totally neutral so that I can backup from one database type and restore into another. Your restore function should simply read the data in the backup file and generate the relevant SQL queries to insert it into the target database.

If you are telling me that I cannot copy the forum data between my main website and the FUDForum2Go appliance then I would say that that is a SERIOUS deficiency.

If I can write software which can transfer all my data between a MySQL database, PostgreSQL database and Oracle database then why can't you handle the difference between MySQL and SQLlite?

Next you'll be telling that it is impossible to take a backup that was created using the 'mysql_*' interface and restore it using the 'mysqli_*' interface simply because the drivers are different!

Tony Marston
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: XML Aggregation fails if articles have no 'link' element
Next Topic: Messages are garbled after mporting from backup
Goto Forum: