FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » PHP discussions » unable to change global settings php file
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
unable to change global settings php file [message #162727] Fri, 09 July 2010 05:57 Go to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
A long time ago, I set the time-between-logins to be really large -- like, 29,000 seconds -- because I wanted to discourage those flies that hang around the login page. I think I misunderstood what the setting was for. It appears only to be for time after a successful login -- not time, after (say) trying to break in.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm locked out. I'm the owner. I'd like to get back in.

Anyway, to make this even shorter: I went to my host, found the Global php file, and tried to change the variable right there, under the hood, where all the action is. You know, right inside the very file itself. Like a mechanic with a wrench under the hood.

However, two things transpired. (1) I'm not allowed to mess with the file! (it won't save my change) (2) I can't change the permissions settings on the file. I tried to make it so that other and group could "write." (I had thought that was the reason for the failure to be able to change the thing).

Any help out there for fools like myself??

Yours, a dangerous but innocent man.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Previous Topic: PHPBB3 v3.0.6 Styles Issue
Next Topic: cron jobs and "shebang" lines
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]