FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Feature Requests for logs (administrative function request)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Feature Requests for logs [message #163694] Wed, 24 November 2010 14:19 Go to previous message
tw_nick   United States

I use FUD for an internal discussion forum/knowledge base for a group of users at my company. As the admin for this site, I periodically look at the logs to troubleshoot an issue, and a couple of things concern me about the current implementation of the logging functions in the software:

(1) When I clear a log, I would expect there to be an entry made in the newly cleared log stating who cleared the log. For compliance and security reasons, this is extremely important to enterprises who use the software internally. For more public applications, it's just helpful if there are multiple admins to be able to capture that info.

(2) Of much lesser value, I would prefer that passwords from failed login attempts be hidden by default from the logs. Perhaps an option could be added to "reveal passwords" that would allow them to be viewed when that is specifically what the admin needs to see, but by default it would be better (IMHO) if they were masked. Granted, they are passwords that didn't allow access, so they may be of no value to compromising the forum security, but many users use the same password for multiple sites...right or wrong.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FL and TV tables
Next Topic: Condensed Categories displaying "opened" when clicked
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-