FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Recovering Database After Botched Upgrade
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Recovering Database After Botched Upgrade [message #164383] Wed, 02 February 2011 18:14 Go to previous message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   
Hello everyone,

Something went wrong upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 (I think it had to do with a popup window being blocked so I couldn't see that a consistency check was happening and then it got interrupted).

Anyways, I don't really know what I'm doing but I have managed to totally corrupt my forum. You can't get in the front door and even the admin login page won't accept my old credentials--I guess the credentials were stored in the db and corrupted as well.

Now I was smart enough to do a full dump before I started the install. But I can't figure out what to do with it. The dump was from 3.0.1 and the forum is now (after the upgrade) 3.0.2. I know there were db changes between the two.

I tried the command line instructions from

http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Import_forum_data

but they didn't help either--maybe they go with an older version?

Anyone out there have idea how to get my database back? I'd rather not reinstall everything and I don't think it should be necessary.

James.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Condensed Categories displaying "opened" when clicked
Next Topic: Lost Forum Group "+" and "-" Image to Expand and Collapse Forum Category
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:00:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04308 seconds