FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » FUDforum Migration Assistant (New converter framework.)  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUDforum Migration Assistant [message #165675 is a reply to message #165664] Thu, 04 August 2011 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
I tried the SVN of the migration assistant, against 3.03RC1, and had reasonable success a) with the connect to the phpBB3 database, and 2) with the avatar, smilies and user imports.

It choked after importing the topics, when trying to import the messages. The subject field in phpbb3 is varchar 255 while in FUD the subject field is vc 100. Eight of the messages (out of thousands) have more than 100 characters.

Any chance of there being some provision for this? I noticed the same difference exists in the PM subject line field; again phpBB3's is 255 while FUDforum's is 100.

If I change the field size in the FUDforum database to fit any data coming from phpBB3 will that break functionality?

I could change the subject line to fit 100 characters, manually, for those phpBB3 fields using more than 100, but I really hate the idea of my users losing any of their content because of limitations in the (hopefully) new forum software.
[Message index]

Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message