FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » phpBB2 to FUDforum converter
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
phpBB2 to FUDforum converter [message #166115] Sun, 18 September 2011 19:33 Go to previous message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
Thanks.

Hey, remember me saying something about how I'm migrating phpbb2 => phpbb3 => FUD, and asking about a phpbb2 converter, and you said I should send you a copy of my phpbb2 forum and you'd write a converter?

I don't know if I should start a fresh topic on this but, I tried making my own and it's just sitting there after saying it's reading the phpbb2 config. It doesn't look like it's doing anything and it doesn't throw an error, so it's almost as though it exits the routine without ending or something.

One thing I noticed is that with the plugin for password conversion, that the phpbb2 password hash is identical to the fud password hash, and that the phpbb3 hash is not, and the plugin doesn't always let you log in with your old password and then convert it to the FUD hash - but if we copy the phpbb2 password field to the fud password field, no problems (even though the seed field isn't set to null).

Could the handling of the different password hash be where conversion using my phpbb2 map is exiting early/failing/hanging? I tried debugging with xdebug and eclipse but stepping through the convert.php using my phpbb2 map doesn't give me a clue on where it's failing (or exiting early.)

I like that you're willing to write me a converter map but I don't know that I could sell sending you a copy of my forum to the other admins/mods... if I should post this elsewhere, please let me know... Thanks!

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 19:36]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message