FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » phpBB2 to FUDforum converter
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: phpBB2 to FUDforum converter [message #166136 is a reply to message #166115] Tue, 27 September 2011 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Canal Noises is currently offline  Canal Noises   United States
I just ran the converter using this map and it worked great for the most part. As far as I can tell right now, the only problems are with the attachments and smilies. Apparently I can't post a link to the attachment mod I used, but if you search "phpbb2 attachment mod by acyd burn" you should be able to find it. I know this isn't part of a standard phpBB2 install, but is there any way you guys could make it work? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find it useful. It was a very popular mod back in the day.

The smilies themselves imported just fine, but they don't display in any of the posts imported from phpBB2. It looks like the conversion script replaced each smilie with a hardcoded path to the image, which would be fine except I had uploaded some custom smilies to the forum with different file names from the default smilies and the script has used the default file names.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated. We've been stuck on phpBB2 because our community insists on having a mailing list interface, and the mail2forum add-on for phpBB2 is the only free and open source solution I had been able to find. I was really excited when I discovered that FUDforum is a modern, currently maintained forum software with the mailing list built in! I am really hoping we can get it to work for our needs.

Thanks for your time!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message