FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Another Header Question
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Another Header Question [message #166690 is a reply to message #166689] Thu, 09 February 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Yes, I just love the Geo-IP option (it's a good thing).

pips wrote on Thu, 09 February 2012 05:05
So, how do i go about fixing this? Ideallym if i knew what i was doing, i'd park up the forum message databases and wipe the forum and start from fresh, but i don't know what i am doing Laughing
The forum is buggered though. (at least from the internals, the posting seems to be hanging together)

As for the rest lets just start at the beginning and go through it one step at a time!

First, I looked over the forum and based on what I see and on what you say I wouldn't do like you are suggesting above and start fresh! I would go about it much differently!

I doubt you really want to delete all of your posts and start totally new (that's overkill), instead I would use FUDforum2go or preferably a sub-domain to recreate your installed forum and do the work without affecting the forum at all (my knowledge is limited so I have to do things the hard way).

You haven't said anything about having errors or any real problems, other than: Quote:
The forum is buggered though. (at least from the internals, the posting seems to be hanging together)
(Which I don't quite understand).

So since you seem mostly interested in making cosmetic improvements and "spruce up" there shouldn't be a need to dump all of your past posts or do more work than needs to be done.

The upgrade script needs to be uploaded to your domains root (unless installed differently) this should be the same "WWW Root: This is the URL of your forum." From your adm panel.

I'll be back on later tonight if you want some help.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Visited Links Issue in threads.
Next Topic: Right Sidebar Content
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 02 22:08:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04524 seconds