FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » security and users, hacker script, forum user list
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
security and users, hacker script, forum user list [message #167630] Sat, 11 August 2012 11:03 Go to previous message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
I have some set of bots, who constantly is working the user list, and also try to register new users on the list. I have set admin-approval for new users.

A) If the bot fail to pass the e-mail approval, or if the e-mail is bad, so no approval is reached, I don't like to have these bogus accounts listed on Accounts Pending Approval (3). they should list only after the account has passed the e-mail verification.

B) I don't like the /adm directory. There will be special bots that will try to access files in such directory constantly. I would like to rename this drectory "greenie_458263", include a new fresh /adm directory, that is empty, and load a php script "admadministratorlogin.php", that simply put the IP on the block-list for a few days.
On my server the Apache restrict IP access to internal local network, and there is also an Apache password on this directory.
So I don't really have a problem, and I don't even think that there could be any security issue, but if some intermediate version, a short while, once have a problem, it can not be exploited unless the hacker can figure our the name of the adm directory on the target server.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Suggestions #224231423424
Next Topic: NNTP Integration - Cancel deleted Messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-