FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Tree View- threads not showing as read
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Tree View- threads not showing as read [message #167660] Thu, 23 August 2012 19:00 Go to previous message
Motiak is currently offline  Motiak   United States
So, I've had a decent number of complaints from users using tree view on my forum (FUDforum 3.0.3 however I downloaded 3.0.4 and tried it out on a VM and ran into the same issue) that threads they read keep showing up as unread. So I poked around with the code a little and it seems to me like the following from tree.tmpl isn't working as expected:

<a href="{TEMPLATE: tree_branch_lnk}" onclick="fud_tree_msg_focus({VAR: cur->id}, \'{DEF: s}\', \'{CHARSET}\'); return false;" class="big">{VAR: cur->subject}</a>

I don't feel like the fud_tree_msg_focus function in lib.js is properly causing messages to be marked as read which cause threads to show up as unread as well in the forum view. Removing the call to that function seems to fix the problem but I haven't tested it on a wide scale. Is there any specific reason that function needs to be called? Thanks.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Syndication enabled but not functioning
Next Topic: Error with Googlebot / Invalid links
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]